Friday, August 27, 2010

Annie...

Growing up with a very successful dad and no mum was very traumatizing for me, I saw my fair share of gold diggers and wanna-be mums. I thought no different of Annie, I mean she was my dad's youngest acquisition, roughly older than me. Imagine the horror of coming home for your 18th b day, from some boarding school that your stepmother sent you to only to meet your new step mother who is four years older than you. Yes, I freaked out, I'm human people. Well after kissing up to me for a month, Annie called me into her room one day, here comes the threat, I thought. She sat me down and looked into my eyes,"Look here sweety, I'm not trying to take your mother's place,I want to be your friend and if you don't want that I'm cool, but all this attitude... are you sure you're 18, I mean isn't it a tad bit tiring and babyish?"
She just made me feel like trash, no one did that, i waged a war against her but the more i fought, the more she simply ignored me. Well, you know the drill, I realised that I was a big baby and decided to give this one a chance... I didn't regret it, she was awesome and I think she was actually married to me, not my dad. ofcourse this pissed of his royal majesty, but what could he do? Scold her for getting through to his only child? Well he kinda did that... but much later though. So, like every normal kid, I went to college and got an apartment, graduated and got a job. I stayed away from home and kinda fell off the surface of the earth, till one boring and uneventful day. I had come home from a very sleepy day at the office, we actually had no customers that day. I got home and sank into the sofa, I was at that point before you slip into total sleep,you know the one, the little bridge between consciousness and sleep.. You know what I mean don't pretend, okay I give up. So, I was at that point and suddenly there was a knock on my door, I almost ignored it but it became as persistent as a bad boyfriend, you know, the ones who don't give you your space, the crazy ones with stalker tendencies? Well you get the gist, So I got up and went to open the door, I was so ready to make it rain fire and brimestone, but when I opened the door it was her, my best friend, my..."Mum?" The words left my lips before I registered them.We hugged for a whole 10 minutes(okay, thats impossible). She told me how it wasn't the same without me, cuz obviously her marriage to my dad ended when we became friends, it just took them a while to make it legal... Thus my bestfriend and stepmum is now my roomie, we have mad fun with my other mad friends.

4 comments:

  1. yeah lyk dat'll eva happen....still i want dirt on the maureen.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!!!! Bitch not,anyhoo u'll get the dirt on maureen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE!!!!!,i'm always impressed.btw i love ur new background.I can't wait till i have time 2 write too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done beautiful story. Not at all gross is this some kind of hormonal change?

    ReplyDelete