Monday, October 18, 2010

Maureen

Sooooo, Maureen, what can I say, she's my boss. I met her through a friend, actually Andre. He knew a guy who knew another guy who owed him one, so we got jobs at an upcoming event planning agency. Our boss was two steps away from 'CRAZY'. OK, that's just sugar coating it, Maureen is plain crazy. So one day, Annie came to pick me from work so we could head out to have dinner at the new Chinese restaurant in town, with Andre of course. Since it was after office hours, we made a whole lot of noise... believe me we didn't know we were attracting loads of attention. Then we saw her approaching, she had this stern look on her face, we were shit scared.
"Whats all the chatter about, huh?"
We stared back at her, fear written all over our faces, Andre summoned the courage to squeal an answer at her,"Ummmn, sorry Maureen, we won't do it again."
"No seriously guys," a smile spread across her face,"I heard something about weed, anyone got some?"
We stared at her some more but this time it was plain suprise gracing our faces, Anne cleared her throat an d answered,"Are you a cop?"
With that, Maureen burst into laughter, she laughed so hard we all started laughing without knowing what we were laughing at.
"What are u guys laughing at?" she snapped.
Our faces were as straight as Angelina Jolie's body from side view.
"Gotcha!!!" she started laughing again,"Well I was laughing because my family has serious issues with law enforcement of any kind, daddy got kicked out of the army, my brother has been in and out of juvie since he was old enough to go to juvie and me, I just hate that hot traffic lady on 24th street."
We all started laughing, she was hilarious!!!
I smiled at her,"Do you want to join us, we're going to that new chinese place near the mall?"
"Hell I was gonna join you whether you asked or not... I hope they have booze, cuz I need to unwind, those chinese brats need from uptown want us to do their birthday party again," she walked off to her office and gestured for us to wait.... we've been friends ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment