Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hang-over in shining armour

Dinner and drinks last night with the guys turned out to be less awkward than I expected it to be, Maureen babbled on and on about some banker she bumped into at the (suprise!!!) bank. He's a divorcee with a 6yr old daughter who's birthday is next week... notice how that sounds like something a broken record would repeat over and over again, thats because Maureen kept drumming it into our ears, everytime there was a little awkward silence, there she was,"Did I tell you guys about the banker I met at the bank? He's a divorcee with a 6yr old daughter who's birthday is next week." Well as you must have noticed by now my opening statement was just me and my wishful thinking. It was AWKWARD, Maureen was obsessing over her 'banker in the bank', Anne was staring at Andre and I creepily and Andre(our usual designated driver) was throwing shots down his throat like he had been born to do it. I ended up driving everyone home, which was quite unusual because the cup for 'most wasted' usually goes to me.
Its a warm sunday afternoon and I did not have a hangover,I was tempted to drink all the beer in the frigde till I was in a drunken frenzy, but drinking alone sucks and Anne was fast asleep. I picked up my phone and began to dial Clark's number, but who was I kidding, after making him walk a block with nothing but a hand towel covering his 'very vital' vitals, he'd be a fool to pick up my call, even if it was for a booty call. I raked a frustrated hand through my hair, here I was wide awake and fully dressed, with no hangover to nurse and no one to call. I suddenly missed the old Andre, he would have known what to do, he would have...
KNOCK, KNOCK... I flew off the couch at the sound of knocking, I mean in this era of doorbells who knocked?
"A minute!!" I screamed a little too loud.
I walked over and unlocked the door, I felt a little flutter of happiness in the pit of my stomach, at least I wouldn't be bored, the flutter stopped when I saw who it was.
"I asked him where he lived and he said it was here, you're Myra right?" The cute blonde in front of me asked sweetly as she tried her best to steady a drunk Andre.
"Yeah, and he stays here, with me..." I answered possesively," Over here Dre." I cooed softly as we both led him to the couch, with tremendous effort.
"Have you met Kim?" He smiled sweetly at me.
I couldn't help smiling back at him, as I was about to answer him he said to Kim,"She's my bestfriend and she thought I was gay can you believe that, after..."
"Umm, okay Kim, I can take it from here," I interupted abruptly, I really didn't want to know what he and Kim did,"Thank you for bringing him home."
Kim obviously got the message because she was out of my house faster than I could imagine.
I walked over and locked my door, then I went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water, to my suprise he was sitting upright on the couch and cradling his head in his hands. I knew he was having a killer headache so I went to my room to get him some aspirins,"Here you go kiddo, now I know why you don't drink as much as the rest of us."
He smiled weakly as he gulped down the water and later remembered to put the aspirins in his mouth. It was cute. Ever notice how you never have feelings for someone till you know they have feelings for you, well this is a serious case of it. I feel like I just met Andre, I see him in a new, totally sexy light.
"I'm sorry about this, I could leave..." he began to stand up but was too unsteady to make it all the way.
"Sit down Dre, infact lie down, trust me, i'm the hangover expert," I pushed him all the way down and sat on a side stool so I could be near him,"What kind of bestfriend would I be if I let you go home in this condition?"
He smiled weakly,"You mean that?"
"Yes I do."
He propped himself on his elbow and stared at me, did I tell you last night was awkward? I take that back, this was more than awkward I tell you.I just stared back and when I couldn't take it anymore(7 minutes later, yes people we played eye wars for 7 long as minutes) I pushed him on his back and planted my lips on his. Apart from wanting to do this since the last time we kissed,it was the only thing I could think of. He responded instantly, our lips played a game they both knew all too well. At their own accord my fingers began unbuttoning his shirt, I think I popped a button or two(well it was for a good cause), he practically tore off my t-shirt, apparently its nearly impossible to take off each others clothes at the same time.
"Lets take this to your bedroom, Anne could walk out any minute," he whispered on my lips.
Apparently horniness beats drunkeness because he lifted me off my feet and carried me into the bedroom,thats all for now folks, I have some work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment