Friday, October 22, 2010

Skeletons in the 'closet'

We stood there staring, none of us had the strength to say a word, neither did we have a clue of what to say, we just stood there mesmerized in the awkwardness of the moment. Anne broke the silence with a great big fart,"Ahhh, Anne thats disgusting, a smile twitched at my lips,but I didn't want to cheat on the intensity of the moment with my laughter.
"Good one Anne,"Clark smiled as they did some sort of secret handshake that ended with them making farting noises with their mouths.
We all burst into laughter, forgetting the situation that lay before us for a split second,then suddenly it hit me like a stray bullet,"So how long has this been going on?"
The room went quiet, I could hear imaginary crickets...we all burst into laughter again.
"Its not what it looks like,"Andre spat out through the laughter.
"I was choking," Maureen added.
"Ya and you were using your tongue to get her to stop and your hands on her boobs thats for the choking too?" I asked Andre, instantly feeling betrayed, I mean I was his bestfriend and if he wasn't really gay, I deserved to know. The laughter had died down and I walked out leaving them entwined in their compromising embrace. I knew Andre was right behind me, but I ignored him and walked into the kitchen pretending to look for a bottle of chilled water.
"You won't find any chilled water outside the fridge," he suggested.
"Stop it!" I snapped.
"Stop what?" He shrugged.
"Reading my mind, you have no right you know, if u can't tell me any of your secrets don't read my mind," I glared at him.
"No one has to read your mind Myra, you're hungover and you're doing that cute thing you do with your mouth when you're thirsty," he smiled weakly.
"Just leave me alone Andre, I really can't be near you right now, I can't believe you didn't tell me something this big, I thought we were best friends," I shook my head repeatedly as I opened the fridge and pretended to search for water even though it was right under my nose. He just stood there and I could feel the intensity of his gaze burning into the small of my back. I grabbed the bottle and walked upto him, close enough for him to see tears glistening in my eyes,"I really don't know what you were scared of, that I wouldn't accept you if you were straight or bi? For God's sake Andre..."
He grabbed my face and cradled it between his arms as he jammed his lips on mine, I was so shocked I kept my mouth closed,(it was my first kiss all over again,hey cut me some slack,I was a high school geek)he gently yet forcefully pried my lips open with his tongue and thats when my mouth came to life, our lips moved over eachother hungrily, it was so unreal, I'd never felt this way over a kiss, just as I was getting really into it, he pulled away and looked into my eyes(more like into my soul),"Hows that for something big?"
Then he just spun on his heel and walked out, scattered hair rumpled clothes and all, all I could do was stare after him yearningly.
Maureen walked in, fully dressed, a pang of jealousy washed over me.She was closely followed by Anne and Clark, who was still clad in my bed covers.
"If I had known that kissing Andre would finally get him to tell you how he feels, hell I would have done it a long time ago... he's a good kisser, but he does use too much tongue right?" Maureen cooed,"Too soon?"
"Waaaaaaay too soon Maureen,"Anne smiled.
"Oh my bad,I'm outta here,"She hugged everyone in the room before walking out, yaa of course including me, pang of jealousy gone.
"Wait, he kissed her?"Clark actually looked threatened.
"Shut up Clark," Anne smiled at me as she went to her room.
"Did he..."
"Shut up Clark," I dragged my covers off him," and get out."
I felt so fulfilled as I locked my bedroom door and flung his clothes two stories down,"Your clothes are waiting for you downstairs Zeus, now lets see you work that body."
I can hear him screaming and banging but I'm lost in my own world,my whole adult life I'd been looking for a man that understood me,knew who I really was and appreciated me and all of my adult life, I thought he was gay...

2 comments: