Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Deadly choices.

You can't judge me for what you don't understand, I did what I had to do, I chose life... I'm what you would call an orphan, but unlike most orphans I knew who my birth parents were and to make matters worse, they still lived in town. My mum worked three shifts and still couldn't feed herself, my dad on the other hand was a wanna-be drug lord who despised the air I breathed. Neither of them wanted me, but thats okay, I didn't want them either. I was dropped off at the local orphanage before my umblical cord was well cut. Being as sarcastic and unpleasant I was, people never stopped reminding me of my screwed up parentage, at first it got to me, but I learnt to numb the pain. At age 7, Kim offered me a better life and I didn't look back. I ran away with her, I wanted a new life, I didn't know the new life would require me to take other lives. After the initial shock, I plunged myself into work, training and practising twice as hard. I pushed myself beyond the limit. Having no real parent figures, I turned to kim, she was my friend and instructor. 5 years ago she recommended me to an organization that tomb only the best, we didn't cry and hug at my departure, but our eyes screamed words we were too proud to voice. Today i finally get the chance to meet kim again, I glance at her picture, it is unmistakably her, there are lines on her face that weren't there 5 years ago but I recognize her proud poise. I feel something run down my cheek, I touch my cheek and glance at my wet fingertips. I'm crying, I haven't done that since I left the orphanage. I wish they were tears of joy, I wish I could say that I was happy to see her again. Kim is my next assignment. I take one last glance at the picture and put it in my breastpocket, close to my heart, I know what I have to do...

5 comments:

  1. Hmn! Are u emotionally biased in writing? U shuldnt make me cry 1 day o. Nice 1 tho! Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!! I actually like to think of myself as a very emotional person. This is d only way i know how to express my emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!!!,u're really good at this short story thingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dara, me so happy you like. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so she killed her, nt every story has a happy ending. *tough it up*

    ReplyDelete