Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Twisted stuff...

What is that smell? I thought as I held my breath, after a while I breathed out and almost puked as I inhaled the pungent smell once again. It started two days ago, but I didn't bother, our house and a pig sty had alot in common, but this smell was so strong, I had never smelt anything this bad. Mum was hardly at home and junior, my little brother was meant to be at my aunt's for the week. I had gone over to jessica's to study for our chem practical hoping to come back and meet the house in the same grubby but livable state I left it. I shrugged and raked a frustrated hand through my shoulder length curls, contemplating on whether or not to turn around and sprint to jessica's house. Mum would probably get home and solve the problem. A wave of guilt washed over me as I took the thought back, Mum worked two shifts, she didn't need a third one at home. Reluctantly, I stepped into the house and gingerly shut the door behind me. I hurriedly took off my 'save the planet' t-shirt and put it over my nose. I smiled to myself, it smelt really nice, just like jessica's house, coffee and a soft touch of jasmine. I made a mental note to make up loads of excuses to go back there. They actually cleaned their house more than thrice a year. I found myself walking up the stairs, the odour heightened, so did my urge to run out and escape from this hell hole. I pushed the door to the room I shared with junior open, it was just as I left it. So I moved on, the bathroom door was open, but that seemed to be clear too. That just left Mum's room, I shook my head and smiled to myself, she could get so careless sometimes, but I loved her. God knows I wasn't prepared for what I saw. A gasp of shock escaped my lips, I dropped my shirt on the ground then some steamy, stinky vomit on top of it. I just stood there staring at the masterpiece of horror, madness and craziness. I soon jerked out of my shock and ran out fast as my wobbly legs could carry me. Why would anyone chop my Mum to pieces?

1 comment:

  1. poor kid, that should never happen to a child...bt gud work babe.

    ReplyDelete