Sunday, July 11, 2010

A world of my own.

In a world of my own, thats where I was every xmas, the other girls noticed, Miss Gracia noticed too, but i didn't care. None of them understood, xmas was a period of festivities for them, a big tree, lots of presents, most girls got adopted during xmas too. My xmas was also haunted by a tree, the one my dad had driven into, the one that left my mother and little brother dead, the one that spared me and left me to fend for myself in the cruel world of an orphanage... Xmas was wen my life changed, I was no longer happy Cindy, I watched the life drain out of my family as i lay there in shock, happy Cindy died in that car crash... Now I was just a sad faced girl with a limp, the other girls made fun of me at first but i think they looked past that and saw the sadness in my eyes, no one would adopt a deformed child, at 18 I would be left to fend for my self beyond the walls of the orphanage, all i would ever get was pity. I stared out the window, watching the snow flakes fall, a tear rolled down my cheek. Xmas was wen I lost it all, so it didn't deserve my celebration. I let the tears flow freely as I drifted deeper into my sad world.

2 comments: